/ Project Description
Define what a mobile app is, does, and why it exists
A good design brief for a mobile app should clearly define what this mobile app is, does and why it exists. Get to know the company and the mobile product you are about to design a little better.
Why does the client want to launch this product?
Client wants product launched because they realize consumers spend the majority of their time in mobile apps. Client wants to engage more with their customers and market. They want to create convenience for their customers.
Where did the idea originate from?
Idea originated from the owner & staff of the salon.
What is this mobile app all about?
This mobile app will be about engaging current clients and creating new clients, boosting convenience for clients and sales.
What does it enable people to do?
This app will allow clients to conveniently book their appointments through a mobile device,and also price services and receive totals for expected services. Clients will also be able to create personal profiles with name, birthday, receive discounts, & favorite/repeat services.
Define the end user & the context of use
When designing a product – be it mobile, web or analog – the end user is always at the core focus and is the main factor behind every choice.
Key things to consider defining about the end users of the app:
- Profession-Admins, secretaries, supervisors, managers,
- Age-Age range of clients are 10-65, however, those who will use the app the most will be between 18–45.
- Comfort level with technology- With the given age range, customers should be very comfortable with the ease of use that will be designed for the app.
- Needs-Clients needs convenience, ease of use, & reminders
- Current frustrations & pain points-Being able to save time, quick response, ease of use, lack of notifications.
- Context of use-User will use this app whenever they are ready to schedule or reschedule an appointment, check status for new coupons and discounts.